2012 Annual General Meeting
"The Bioeconomy - Recognizing the Need for Effective Change"
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Sarnia Golf and Curling Club - 500 Errol Road West, Sarnia, ON N7V 1X7
- Mr. John Cross, Chair, POS Biosciences - "Changing the Greatest Game: Agriculture for a Healthy World"
- Dr. Sorin Cohn, President, BD COHNsulting - "Gaining Economic Value beyond Research & Development"
- Mr. Don O'Connor, President, (S&T)2 Consultants Inc. - "Environmental Issues with Feedstocks for Biofuels & Biochemicals"
- Mr. Brian Baynes, Partner, Flagship Ventures - "From Innovative Ideas to Commercialization - a VC Perspective"
Presentation Videos and Comments
- BioAmber - Mike Hartmann (pptx)
- CORE BioFuel - George Stanko (pptx)
- EcoSynthetix - Peter van Ballegooie (pdf)
- KMX Corporation - Isaac Gaon (pptx)
- Renix - Christine Haas (ppsx)
- Sustainable Chemistry Alliance - Bernard West (ppt)
- Vive Crop Protection - Keith Thomas (pptx)
- Woodland Biofuels - Douglas Gray (ppt)
|8:00 - 8:30am||Registration and Coffee/Muffins|
|8:30 - 8:35am||Welcome/Board Member Introductions by Murray McLaughlin|
|8:35 – 9:15am||SCA - Building for the Future by Bernard West & James Lee|
|9:15 – 9:45am||Environmental Issues with Feedstocks for Biofuels and Biochemicals by Don O'Connor, President, (S&T)2 Consulting|
|9:45 – 10:15am||Gaining Economic Value Beyond R and D by Sorin Cohn, President, BD COHNsulting|
|10:15 - 10:45am||From Innovative Ideas to Commercialization - A Venture Capital Perspective by Brian Baynes, Partner, Flagship Ventures|
|10:45 – 11:00am||Break|
|11:00 – 11:30am||Changing The Greatest Game: Agriculture by John Cross, Chair, POS Biosciences|
|11:30 - 11:45am||Q&A for all Speakers|
|11:45 - 12:15pm||Investment Profiles by Murray McLaughlin|
|11:45 - 12:00pm||BioAmber by Mike Hartmann|
|12:00 - 12:15pm||Lunch Breakouts and SCA/BIC Plans|
|12:15 – 1:15pm||Lunch and Breakouts|
|1:15 – 2:25pm||Investment Profiles by Murray McLaughlin/James Lee
KmX Technologies by Isaac Gaon
CORE BioFuel by George Stanko
EcoSynthetix by Peter Van Ballegooie
GreenCore by Geoff Clarke
Renix by Chrisinte Haas
Vive by Keith Thomas
Woodland Biofuels by Douglas Gray
|2:25 – 3:30pm||Breakout Summaries Presented by Steve Bolt|
|3:30pm||Wrap-Up and Adjournment by Steve Bolt/ Murray McLaughlin|